Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday Morning Memo: Let's Do This!

I shared with you a couple weeks ago, about what I felt the Lord wanted me to focus on in 2016.  I really sensed that He was telling me to stop dwelling on what I CAN’T do and start focusing on what He CAN do through me.  I need to allow Him to use the difficulties that I face for HIS glory and not use them as my excuse.  I must be willing to live “beyond the limits” of my comfort zone so that the Lord can accomplish great things through me for His glory.
There is a huge problem though…Satan doesn’t like this at all.  He doesn’t want me to accomplish anything for the Lord, especially if it draws others to want Christ as their Lord and Savior.  He wants me to remain stagnant…living inside my protective bubble…settling for the status quo.  Unfortunately, it’s really easy for me to want to remain there too.
I have written before that I have a lot of respect for Corrie Ten Boom and the amazing testimony she had throughout her life…even when she was in the worst of circumstances.  When she spoke, her words were so powerful and they are still having a huge impact long after she received her eternal reward.  Corrie was a child of God who wasn’t afraid of pushing herself way beyond her human capabilities, knowing that wherever God led her, He would give her exactly what she needed every step of the way.
I read a quote of hers this past week that was exactly what I needed.  Her timely words were, “When we are powerless to do a thing, it is a great joy that we can come and step inside the ability of Jesus.”  In other words, when Satan is whispering over and over in my ear that I can’t do something, that I am too weak to accomplish a task, I can smile right back at him and yell, “You are right Satan…I can’t…but HE CAN!”
What a difference it makes when we realize Whose abilities and power we can tap into!  There isn’t anything that we will face that is beyond Christ’s capabilities.  There isn’t any detour on our journey in which He doesn’t know where we will end up.  Nothing surprises Him…nothing makes Him fret…nothing overwhelms Him.  We can be assured that no matter what, His answer to us is, “Don’t worry…I’ve got this!”
Are you living in fear of what you might face tomorrow?  Are you afraid that if you commit to live completely sold out to Christ, He will ask you to do things that are way beyond your abilities?  You are right…He probably will…but He already knows when He asks that you can’t do it by yourself, but He knows that He can!  All He needs is your willingness to let Him lead and He will take care of the rest. 
Here we go into another week and I’m guessing there will be times when you and I feel powerless.  Let’s not forget that we have the privilege of “stepping inside the ability of Jesus”.  Just the thought of that gives me chills.  Let’s do this!!
 “God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.”
Ephesians 3:20-21  The Message

“For I can do everything through Christ, 
who gives me strength.”
Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment