Monday, May 28, 2018

Monday Morning Memo: Today and Tomorrow

Since today is Memorial Day, I’ve decided to take a break from our study of the beatitudes. Hopefully you are going to be able to relax today and spend time with family and friends and will be way too busy to read my blog post!

If you are still reading and have served in our military, it just doesn’t seem like enough to say thank you.  I’ll be honest; I am not brave enough to willingly sign up to serve our country, knowing full well that I may have to give up my life.  Each of you knew that at some point, you may have to give up your tomorrows, so that I can have my today.  

For those of you who have lost friends and loved ones due to their service to our country, I also feel I owe you a thank you.  I can’t imagine the sacrifice you have made, having to say goodbye knowing he or she may never return. Then to receive the news that the unthinkable did happen and realizing that none of your todays or tomorrows will ever be the same is more than I can even comprehend.

Sacrifice. It’s a word that makes many of us squirm a little bit.  Giving our all so that others may have more.  I think our world would be a much better place if all of us, whether we serve in the military or not, would live today to help others’ today and tomorrow be a little bit brighter. 

“There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment