Monday, July 20, 2020

Monday Morning Memo: OUR God

Last week I shared with you about our limitations…shortcomings…and inadequacies and how God can use them for His glory as the impossible is accomplished.   It reminded me of something Chuck Swindoll wrote: “When God is involved, anything can happen.  The One who directed that stone in between Goliath’s eyes and split the Red Sea down the middle and leveled that wall around Jericho and brought His Son out of the tomb, takes a delight in mixing up the odds as He alters the obvious and bypasses the inevitable.”

WOW.  I continue to work on wrapping my head around these statements.  I know that they are true; but to really comprehend them and believe them in my heart is sometimes another story.  If I really believe these words, then why are there still times I worry and fret over things in my life?  The God who parted the Red Sea is MY God.  The God who directed David to use a slingshot to kill a giant is MY God.  The God who caused a wall to crumble just by telling people to march around it, is MY God.  The God who allowed His Son to be crucified on a cross for my sins and then raised Him from the dead to give me eternal life with Him, is MY God!  But let my current situation get stressful and complicated, and I can immediately start worrying that MY God can’t handle things.  What a waste of time and energy!

I don’t know how you are feeling these days, but I find myself feeling at times like I am facing a “Red Sea” experience.  This crazy world is swirling around us and each day brings with it another new mandate or restriction or new “fact” concerning this crazy virus.  It can make my head spin that’s for sure.  But I keep reminding myself that no matter what is thrown at me, MY God is bigger.  MY God isn’t taken by surprise.  MY God isn’t wringing His hands with worry.  And believe it or not…MY God isn’t hiding in quarantine…He is still everywhere and is very capable to make a way for me through the “sea” no matter what is in my path.  

Is there a “giant” in your path that has you scared and running the other way?  Are you coming up against a brick wall on your journey and you just can’t see a way around it?  Do you feel like everywhere you turn you are being “crucified” and treated unfairly?  Does this virus have you frightened and feeling panicky?  Is God asking you to step way out of your comfort zone and you are shaking in your boots?  Look UP!  Put your trust in the God who specializes in the impossible! He’s not wringing His hands…He’s not wiping sweat off His brow, wondering how in the world you are going to make it through…and He’s surely not giving up on you.  

Just remember that whatever your obstacle is, OUR God is bigger and stronger and more powerful.  Isaiah 41:10 reminds us, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment