Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday Morning Memo: A Time of Loss

If I had to sum up 2022 so far in one word…it would be the word “loss”.  So far this year, we have lost two very special members of our family.  I shared on January 24th about my dear Aunt Gerry who passed away. She served as a missionary nurse in Africa for 37 years and in everything she did, she always wanted God to be glorified, not her.  She knew how important each person was to her Jesus and she wanted to make sure everyone knew about His great love for them.

Then last Monday, my precious mother-in-law entered Heaven and saw her Jesus face to face.  I called this amazing woman “Mom” for over 40 years and losing her has been difficult.  When she began with Hospice care, they told us she probably had one to two days left…and this strong woman lived another three weeks.  Even though I knew she was ready to hear the words, “Welcome, my good and faithful servant”…I selfishly didn’t want to let her go.  But she was called Home and is now walking the streets of gold with those who have gone before her.

I don’t understand why we had to lose these dear family members so close together…but I know that God’s plan and timing are always perfect.  As I shared last week, I had re-read an article by Bronwyn Lea who shared about being convicted that when she prayed, instead of praying “God, make it better”, she needed to start praying, “God, make it count”.  I revealed that her words made me realize that many of my prayers these past weeks had been asking Jesus to just “make it better”…or “make it easier”…or “make it just how I thought things should be”.  Instead, I was convicted that I needed to be praying that what we are going through, will count for HIS glory.  I knew I needed to be asking for Him to make it count for eternity…that my witness of His faithfulness, day in and day out, will make others want to know my Jesus.

Today we have the viewing for Mom and then tomorrow I will officiate her funeral.  I know that on my own, I can’t do either of these things…but with God’s power, all things are possible.  I would appreciate your prayers that we will be able to be a light to those who come to celebrate Mom’s life and that I will share not my words, but words that come from our Jesus.  Again, my prayer is that our time together will count for His glory and will impact eternity.  That is definitely what Mom would want to happen.

These weeks have left me tired.  God has been so faithful to walk with us every step of the way, but it has taken its toll on me and has left me physically and mentally depleted. As a result, I have decided to take some time off to allow my mind and body to be refreshed.  As soon as I feel I am ready, I will begin writing again.  I have also been working on writing another YouTube video series, so I am hoping this time will help give me direction and insight into what God wants me to share in the days to come on my “The Image Seeker” channel which can be found at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0szlDSgNBtFuzzNLBWzwMA.

Until then, I thank you so much for following my “ramblings” and for the love and support you have shown me.  I hope to be back soon sharing with you each Monday what God lays on my heart and with a new YouTube series.  May each of you be blessed in the days to come as you continue to seek His image!

“For you are my rock and my fortress; 

and for your name’s sake you lead me and guide me;

 you take me out of the net they have hidden for me, 

for you are my refuge. Into your hand I commit my spirit; 

you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.”

Psalm 31:3-5





No comments:

Post a Comment