Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Morning Memo: He is Our Everything!

I shared with you last week that I would be having a back fusion on October 2nd.  I received a telephone call last week asking me if I would be willing to have it done a week earlier and it took me about a nanosecond to respond with a “Yes”.   As a result, my surgery is today at 7:30 a.m.!

I’ve been asked if I am nervous and yes, my stomach has some butterflies flying around.  The reason is because I am always a little apprehensive when someone opens up my spine and rearranges things.  Fortunately I won’t be conscious when that is going on but, Lord willing, I will be conscious to deal with the recovery period which I know all too well.  I’ve heard the expression that the “third time’s the charm”, so I’m hoping that will be true for this, my third fusion. 

I would appreciate your prayers that I will feel His peace and that He will give me the strength that is needed during recovery.  I know that the Lord is in charge and His ways are better than mine, so I will put my trust in Him today and in the days to come. 

Depending on how my recovery is progressing, I may be taking a few weeks off from writing.  As soon as my head is clear and my thought processes make sense (yes, I know…I don’t always make sense now!), I will be back to bugging you on Mondays.

My exciting news is that my new book, Ask Me About My Jesus, is done and will be out this fall!  God has been so good to allow me to put these pages together and I’m excited to be able to share it with all of you.  So if you are looking for a Christmas gift for your friends and family, why not give them my new 90-day devotional.  Whether they are unbelievers, new believers or have been walking with Jesus for many years, I believe there will be something for them! 

I came across this graphic a few days ago and it was such a great reminder to me of God’s love and care for us.  He is our everything!  Nothing we face is a surprise to Him and there is nothing that He cannot handle.  So today, we will trust Him to work within us and through us for His glory!  Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment