Monday, October 9, 2017

Monday Morning Memo: Perfect Timing

Today marks two weeks since my back surgery.  What the surgeon thought would be a rather “simple” back fusion, turned out to be much more involved.  The disc that they thought had just slipped forward was actually completely loose – not attached to anything – and moving all around.  On top of that, my spine was bent the opposite way it is supposed to be.  So he had to straighten out my spine and insert a cage to stabilize everything.

I am so thankful that I was in the hands of a very skilled neurosurgeon and even more importantly, in the hands of my Heavenly Father.  When we found out what could have happened with the loose disc, we knew that the Lord had arranged to have my surgery moved up a week for a reason.  Everything was done in His timing and for my good. 

Since this was my fifth back surgery, we know from experience that my recoveries always take longer than most.  But since more had to be done than expected, we were informed my recovery would take longer than even my “normal”.  We have no idea how long it will take, but fortunately the Lord does, and I’m confident He will be with us every single day.

Just as the Lord knew that my surgery needed to be moved up, He also knew I would need some encouragement after I returned home.  Lo and behold…my new book showed up at my door!  I knew the books were being printed but I didn’t expect them for a couple more weeks so having them arrive early was a real blessing.

This book is a result of the fact that we are living in a very chaotic world where it seems like everything is coming unhinged.  People are scared.  People are searching for answers.  People need to know that we care.

I wrote this 90-day devotional, Ask Me About My Jesus, to help all of us take ownership of our relationship with Jesus. This book project has been bathed in prayer, not just by me, but also by others across the country.  We have been praying for not only the reader, but also for those with whom the reader will come in contact.  As I said, we are living in a chaotic world, and there are so many who have questions that we hold the answers to.  Our prayer has been that this book will help prepare us and give us the courage to share about our Jesus with those who are lost.   As a result, our willingness to share will have an integral part in making sure those in our path will spend eternity with our Lord.

The official release of my book won’t be for a few more weeks, but I’ve decided to have a “God’s Timing is Perfect” 10% off + free shipping sale starting now and running until October 31st!  It is currently available through Amazon in paperback for the retail price of $15.95, and in a few weeks it will be available in e-book format.  But this sale will just pertain to the books that I have in my possession.

If you would like an autographed copy of my book now, please e-mail me at luannfulton@gmail.com.   Price for each book will be $15.35 ($14.35 + $1.00 tax).  I will need to know your address, how many books you would like and who you want each book autographed to.  If you live in my area, maybe we can make arrangements for you to pick them up or have them delivered to you.

If you want to get some of your Christmas shopping out of the way, this book would make a great gift!  But remember, this sale is only until October 31st!

God’s timing is always perfect so I know that this time of recovery for me is in His perfect plan and the arrival of my book is at just the right time also.  Would you please join me in prayer that He will use this time to let others know about our Jesus and as a result, have a greater impact on eternity!

Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
    let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 34:3

No comments:

Post a Comment