Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday's Thoughts: Circle of Support


As many of you know, I had a very extensive back surgery on 9/25/17.   It has been a long recovery, but I can honestly say that my Jesus has been faithful!  So many of you have been “Jesus with skin on” for me as you prayed, emailed, texted, brought food, brought books for me to read, etc. etc. etc.  I am so blessed to have each of you in my life and “Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” (Phillippians 1:3-6)

This surgery has been very hard on my body and I’m finally getting strong enough to feel like I can start working on reversing some of the negative effects.  As I’ve prayed about this, I have felt impressed that there may be others who may be in a similar situation but really need a “Circle of Support” to encourage them.   I don’t know, but maybe one of the reasons that my Jesus has had me walk this journey with Him, is to be a support system to others who also need to improve their health.

So I’m toying with the idea of putting together a Facebook page that will be a “Circle of Support” for anyone that needs it on his or her health journey.  It will be a closed group, so that comments and posts won’t be seen by the entire world.  On this page, the members will be able to share things that are helping them improve their health (mentally, physically or spiritually!), such as certain exercises, recipes, scripture thoughts, etc. that might encourage others.  Members will also be able to post on days where maybe their struggle is real and they just need members to pray for strength for them on that day.

NOTE:  This group will not be an endorsement for one particular diet plan or supplement.  But it will be ok to make posts such as:  “I am following the XYZ plan and I’m finding this aspect or recipe to be a huge help”.  An example of posts that will NOT be allowed would be, “I’m using the XYZ plan and I would love to set you up to sell this plan also”.  NOPE…no selling on this page!  I will monitor all posts and those not following the intent of this page, will be removed.

What do I need from you?  I need to know if you think this is something that is needed.  I know there are tons of Facebook pages out there and maybe this would just be “overkill”.  I do not want to reinvent the wheel, I’m just trying to listen to my Jesus’ promptings and so I am throwing this out there to see if I am hearing Him correctly!

So please let me know if you think the “Circle of Support” Facebook page would be a help to you!  You can email me at luannfulton@gmail.com or PM me on Facebook or make an entry on this post!  Hope to hear from you soon!

“So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart. You share with me the special favor of God, both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth of the Good News. God knows how much I love you and long for you with the tender compassion of Christ Jesus.”  (Philippians 1:7-8)





No comments:

Post a Comment