Monday, November 4, 2019

Monday Morning Memo: A Spoiled Brat

As you know, I recently began Throne Thursday, where I take other people’s needs to God’s throne on their behalf.  The response has been amazing…and I am humbled by those who have allowed me this privilege of lifting their concerns to our Jesus.  I am being reminding through this ministry that there are many hurting people around us…some that you would never think had a care in the world…but inside are desperately needing a touch from our Savior.

I am also learning that I have a lot more time in my day to pray than I thought I had.  I have always been one to pray throughout my day…but God is showing me times when I can be an intercessor for others…instead of wasting that section of time.  Now, instead of letting my mind wander or spending time worrying about my day while I’m getting ready in the morning…I have my prayer journal open…taking the listed concerns to the throne.  I am learning to be much more intentional on boldly taking others needs to our Jesus.  Instead of just throwing up a prayer and then forgetting about it and expecting Him to work, I am learning that He expects passionate and persistent prayers from me on a daily basis.

How badly do we want to see God work?  Are our prayers passionate and persistent or are they sporadic?  I don’t think sporadic prayers are going to cut it if we really want to see God work in a mighty way.  Until we get an answer from God to our prayer (and we need to realize the answer we get may not be the answer we wanted) we shouldn’t stop lifting it up to our Heavenly Father. 

What if our prayer would have been answered on day 100…but we quit praying about it on day 90, 95 or even day 99? What miracle would I have seen happen on day 25…but because on day one I just threw it up to God and never brought it to His throne again, the miracle was never seen? 

Unfortunately, I have been known to whine to Jesus about Him not answering a prayer of mine, but if I’m honest, I have quit praying about the need quite a while ago.  I haven’t stopped praying about it because I have received an answer; I just gave up because the answer wasn’t coming in MY time.  Then I blame God for not answering my prayer.  I’m sure I have caused Him to shake His head more than once when I start my whining and complaining.

I’m sure we can all agree that we are living in a time when we really need to see miracles take place and realize that our prayers CAN make a difference.  But we need to be passionate and persistent…not giving up until we get answers.  So, I’ve decided to work hard on praying more and whining less in the days ahead.  Hopefully one of the “perks” of this will be that I will look more like my Jesus instead of resembling a spoiled brat :-)

I want to challenge you today to look for "pockets" of time when you can pray for someone else.  Not only will that person be blessed...but you will be blessed more than you can imagine.  God is alive and well and wants to work through your prayers!

“Devote yourselves to prayer with
an alert mind and a thankful heart.

Colossians 4:2



No comments:

Post a Comment