Monday, March 8, 2021

Monday Morning Memo: Good News!

If you know me well, or even if you only slightly know me, you recognize the fact that I’m rarely at a loss for words.  I can usually find something to talk about with anyone I come in contact.  In fact, I’m confident that there are times when I need to remember the words, “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.”

 

There are just certain topics of which I have trouble staying silent.  Ask me about my husband and children…and you will hear an earful.  Ask me about my friends…and you will probably learn way more than you wanted.  Ask me about my church…and I’m pretty sure my face will light up and you will hear how much I love my church family.  And beware…ask me about my grandchildren…and you better hope a chair is nearby because you are in for a long description of each precious blessing and more than likely…pictures will be included.

 

I am passionate about each of these subjects.  I love my family, friends, church and grandkids more than I can even put into words (even though I will try!).  They all mean the world to me and I am never bashful or embarrassed to talk about them.  But do you know what?  None of them are perfect…(gasp)!  They are all human and probably, at one time or another, they have let me down.  Maybe they did or said something that hurt me…or maybe they didn’t live up to my expectations.  But regardless…it hasn’t stopped me from bragging about all of them…especially since I know I have also let them down at times too.

 

So, how come I can ramble on and on and on about all of these people…but shy away about telling everyone I meet about my Jesus…who IS perfect and has never let me down?  Why are there times I don’t speak up about everything He’s done for me because I’m afraid I might say the wrong thing?   Why are there times I keep my mouth shut…when I should open it…to stand up for issues that go against Biblical values…because I’m afraid I’ll step on someone’s toes or make them feel uncomfortable?  

 

This was rattling around in my brain last Friday night and then Saturday morning I turned on the radio and the very first song that played was by the Gaither’s called “Good, Good News”.  I had heard this song many times before, but the words just stopped me in my tracks.  The first verse and chorus are:

 

I woke up Monday morning and I walked out on the lawn
My eyes were barely open and my mouth began to yawn
Picked up the daily paper, every single headline said
That this whole world is full of trouble and I wished I’d stayed in bed
Sometimes the bad that's goin' on's enough to bring you down

Turned on my television and began to flip on through
All one hundred channels, HBO and pay-per-view
Not one message had a meaning that was good in any way
Just before I wrote the whole world off, I heard the Father say
"Don't forget what I have promised, you can overcome it all"

I'll spread this talk all over town 'bout the peace and joy I found in you
(good news, good, good news)
This story is about to break and blessed are the feet that take the truth
(good news, good, good news)
I'm slippin' on my dancin' shoes 'cause I’ve got good, good news

 

All I could think of as I heard these words was, I’ve got Good News to tell!  Not just Good News…I have Great News and I need to make sure I’m spreading what I know all over town!  Christ has given me peace and joy and I need to tell everyone I meet.

 

Just like this song says…there sure isn’t much good news in our world today and people are starving to hear about the hope, joy and peace we have in our Jesus.  So, as we go throughout our week…let’s be intentional on telling those who Christ puts in our path about our Good News.  If we don’t tell them…who will? 

 

If you still aren’t convinced that you should speak up…click on the following link and listen to this song.  Then slip your dancin’ shoes on because you have good, good news to tell!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehxHP7AO-Vc

 

Don’t forget, if you would like to join me in my study of the book of James, you can find my YouTube channelImage Seeker, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0szlDSgNBtFuzzNLBWzwMA.  I posted the second teaching video this morning…so check it out and learn how you can get wisdom from your Heavenly Father!

 

Also, if you would like encouraging thoughts to help you in your daily walk with Jesus, check out and “Like” my new Facebook page, “Image Seeker”…you can find it at https://www.facebook.com/Image-Seeker-109914611136211/news_feed.  




No comments:

Post a Comment