Monday, August 9, 2021

Monday Morning Memo: For HIS Glory

We have been blessed with a bountiful garden this year.  So far, we have enjoyed corn, peas, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, strawberries, peaches, asparagus, carrots, onions, lettuce, spinach and my favorite…green beans.  There just aren’t too many things better than fresh green beans for dinner.

While there is nothing better than having fresh food from the garden on our table each night…it’s a lot of work.  All this food didn’t just show up on its own.  Dan has spent hours and hours tilling, planting, weeding, fertilizing and harvesting and then we have spent hours and hours canning and freezing everything so that we can enjoy it all year long.  In fact, the other evening we were canning spaghetti sauce and green beans and I told Dan, “Now don’t get me wrong.  I’m glad we are able to do this…but sometimes I think of all the extra free time we would have if we didn’t do all this!”  Yes, we would have more time now…but if we didn’t do it, I wouldn’t have this garden bounty tucked away on my shelves and in my freezer to use when the snow is falling this winter.

Anything worthwhile takes work, doesn’t it?  It takes dedication, perseverance, sacrifice and often hours and hours of work to accomplish our goals.  Sometimes it can seem overwhelming, and it is easy for the “grass is always greener” concept to creep in…thinking of how much easier it would be if we would just give up.  But what would we be giving up in the future if we walked away now?  

I’m guessing we would be giving up a lot.  Taking the easy way out when we have a task to do…rarely reaps the abundant blessings that we desire.  Yes, it may sometimes seem a little overwhelming with everything you need to do to get your goal accomplished…but I have found that the rewards of your labor make your efforts worthwhile.

Are you in the middle of a task and feel like giving up?  It could be a project around your home…a college degree that you know the Lord wants you to attain…a marriage that needs weeded and fertilized just like our garden…or maybe Christ is calling you to witness to that person next to you at work, but you know it will be a huge commitment of time to begin to live life alongside them.  Whatever it is…I want to urge you to not give up.  Whatever God calls you to do…He will see you through and the bountiful rewards will make all your work so worthwhile.

So, for me…I will keep canning and freezing so I will be prepared for the days of winter ahead.  Who knows…God might have big plans for some of that food that I know nothing about…because even when gardening…we can do it for HIS glory!

Servants, do what you’re told by your earthly masters. 

And don’t just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. 

Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you’ll 

get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. 

Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you’re serving is Christ. 

The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible. 

Being a follower of Jesus doesn’t cover up bad work.

Colossians 3:23-25 (The Message)



BY THE WAY…Have you checked out the 2nd video yet in our study on YouTube, “Fears, Failures & Futures”?  In it I share part of my “story”, how Satan had a heyday with me when God called me into the ministry. Make sure and get caught up by watching Lessons 1 & 2…because Lesson 3 will be posted tomorrow!  To access this series, click on this link:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0szlDSgNBtFuzzNLBWzwMA

Make sure and subscribe today so you won’t miss any of the lessons in this new study!

If you would like encouraging thoughts to help you in your daily walk with Jesus, check out and “Like” my Facebook page, “Image Seeker”…you can find it at https://www.facebook.com/Image-Seeker-109914611136211/news_feed.  

And, if you aren’t on Facebook but would still like to see encouraging posts and notices of new videos…”Follow” me on Instagram.  Just search for “The Image Seeker”

No comments:

Post a Comment