Monday, August 17, 2026

Monday Morning Memo: "Healthcare"


This post probably won’t make me friends.  In fact, some of you who follow my blog may choose to stop following…and that is your choice.  I don’t answer for anyone but myself, and when God lays something on my heart and tells me to start writing…I’ve learned I better obey.

 

To say I am disturbed by the recent action of the Massachusetts governor who signed a bill to allow abortions up to birth in her state…is an understatement.  Many stood around her…smiling and applauding this as healthcare for women.  This is not healthcare…this is murder.  

 

There have been times in my life when I was so upset at the actions of people and when I have voiced my frustration to my husband…he has wisely said that I was expecting the person to act like a Christian when they do not profess the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior.  But in this situation in Massachusetts…there are Christians who agree with this bill which was signed into law.  Christians…who profess a personal relationship with Christ.  Christians who will in one breath say it is wrong for someone to kill another person…but will say that abortion is different and acceptable.  Christians who say it is a woman’s choice to do with her body what she pleases and who are they to judge.  Christians who stand in a pulpit and take on the responsibility of preaching from God’s Word…saying the commandment in the Bible “Thou shall not murder” does not apply to abortion.   

 

I cannot wrap my head around how any person…who has been blessed with children…can look at their child and believe it would have been ok to kill them the day before they were born.  Many argue that they aren’t actually a person until they are born.  So, if that is true, then I would love to ask those parents these questions:  If you are holding your baby in your arms on the day they entered this world…how in the world can you say that it would have been ok to murder that baby 24 hours earlier?  Wasn’t that baby alive the day before?  Wasn’t he or she kicking inside the womb and getting into position to make his or her appearance?  What is different about that child the day before to make it an ok decision to end this precious child’s life as a part of your “healthcare”?  

 

When you realize that every abortion 

stops a beating heart…

it’s hard to say that abortion is not murder.

 

I’m not writing this to debate anyone, and I am doubtful that my thoughts will change anyone’s opinion concerning abortion.  But I cannot just stand by and not stand up for the unborn.  They deserve life just like you and I do…and I believe that God is deeply grieved by how far in the pit our country has gone concerning the careless disposal of so many unwanted babies.  Unwanted babies whose delicate, inner parts of their body were knit together in their mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13).  Unwanted babies who deserve healthcare…not health destruction.

 

Mother Teresa wrote a poem entitled “Life Is” and the last two lines say, “Life is too precious, do not destroy it.  Life is life, fight for it.”  I can’t imagine what she would think if she was alive today to see the casual murder of babies become part of our accepted “healthcare”.

 

I am a child of the King…but I am far from perfect and I will someday stand before Him and account for how I lived my life and the decisions that I made.  And I believe I will also be held accountable for whether I spoke up, when given a platform, to warn those who are living on a very slippery slope.  I read Titus 1:16 this past week and I hope and pray it will never be said about me, “They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him.  They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.”  Lord, help me to never deny you by my actions.

 

Isaiah 5:20 says, “What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter”. What a dark day we are living in when Christians smile and applaud when evil is made to look good.  Remember, all will stand before God someday…and I am doubtful that the smiles and applause will be seen then.  

 

Time is of the essence, and I believe Satan is working overtime to destroy our families and what better way to do that, than to get us to believe that murdering babies is healthcare.  Oh Lord…we don’t deserve it…but please have mercy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment