Monday, March 21, 2016

Another Stupid Move :-(

As some of you know, I’ve been in a neck brace now for over a month.  I can’t say that I have enjoyed having it on…but it has helped alleviate some of the pain that I’ve been having and I was seeing progress.

That is, until this past Saturday.  I was cleaning one of our bathrooms and I bent over to pick something up and when I went to straighten back up, I unfortunately, discovered the cabinet that was on the wall.  My head met the corner of the cabinet in a rather violent way, snapping my head forward in the process.  Yeah…wasn’t one of my more brilliant moves.  To say that I screamed out…would be an understatement.  My husband Dan immediately knew something was wrong and came to check me out.  Fortunately, I wasn’t bleeding…I just saw stars for quite awhile.

Oh how I wish I wouldn’t have done such a stupid thing.  Why wasn’t I more careful?  Why didn’t I straighten back up a little slower, instead of, once again being in a hurry?

Of course what is done is done…and I can’t turn back the clock.  So I’m trying real hard to find the silver lining in this stupid “accident”.  It could have been worse.  I could have busted my head open and needed stitches.  I could have hit it hard enough to cause me to pass out and fall.  OK…that’s just about all the positives I can come up with!


So the healing process may take a little longer and the neck brace may be on for longer than I had hoped.  But it isn’t the end of the world.  The brace IS a great conversation starter…as complete strangers have approached me to ask why I was wearing it.  So maybe that is the silver lining…maybe by wearing the brace a little longer I’ll have an opportunity to share Jesus with someone.  I sure hope so…then at least my stupid actions could be used for His glory!

1 comment:

  1. Those accidents happen to all of us. Praying for you. Max

    ReplyDelete