Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Morning Memo: I Love God

In just a few hours I will be boarding a plane and heading back to my home in Indiana. I have spent the last week in Salt Lake City, Utah at the Young Living Convention with thousands of others who love essential oils as much as I do.  We were told it was the largest convention ever held in Salt Lake City so I guess we were a part of history!

Days were filled with sessions that I had pre-selected on various topics and I sat under the teaching of many highly knowledgeable people.  They shared their expertise concerning the use of oils for children, for men and women, for cooking and just for overall health support.  It was exciting to here how these God-given oils are having such a huge impact on the health of so many individuals, just like they are on me.

What impressed me the most this week was what almost every presenter shared at some point in their teaching.  They made a point to acknowledge that they serve God in their life, first and foremost.  I heard comments such as, “I want you to know that God is the most important person in my life” and “Keeping my focus on God is much more important to me than making money or anything else.”

As I have been mulling this over in my mind, I have realized that I think so often we make sharing about our faith more difficult than we need to.  Those whom I heard share this week were so comfortable with their faith, that sharing was just natural for them.  They didn’t shake their fist at us or yell and scream…and didn’t have an altar call.  Their faith was just such a part of them that they couldn’t help but weave it in to their lecture.  It was obvious that they loved their God so much, that they just had to let us know Who was their focus.

How about you and me?  Is God such a part of us that we just can’t help but talk about Him?  Or are we much too worried about what others’ reactions will be or if they will think less of us if we tell them that we serve our Almighty God?

As we go throughout today and this coming week, let’s be intentional on using whatever opportunities God gives us to tell others about Him.  We don’t have to have a speech written out…we don’t have to have an elaborate game plan in place…let’s just share when God opens the door.  I think we may be surprised at how easy it just might be!


No comments:

Post a Comment