Monday, March 12, 2018

Monday Morning Memo: WDJD?

I have written before about our nine year old black pug, Olive.  To say she has a quirky personality is an understatement.  She is a very needy dog who isn’t happy unless I am home and holding her.

Olive has been almost completely deaf for quite some time, so we have to yell at her so she can hear us.  To add to the “fun” of caring for her, she now has developed cataracts on both eyes and is almost completely blind.  So now we have a deaf, blind, very needy dog that runs into walls, chairs, people and anything else that gets in her way.

Recently, I was explaining to our three-year-old grandson, Elias, about Olive and the fact that she can’t see him anymore.  Without skipping a beat, Elias said, “Oh, so she is blind.  Well you know Grandma, you could just spit on your hand, pick up some dirt from the ground and rub it on her eyes and she could see!”  I stared in amazement.  Then I asked him who had done that before and he said, “Jesus!  You see there was this blind man who came to him and so Jesus just put that stuff on his eyes and he could see!”

To this young precious boy, the answer was simple.  Just do what Jesus did.  For many years we have heard WWJD aka “What would Jesus do?”  I’ve been thinking that maybe we should change it to WDJD aka “What did Jesus do?”, and then simply follow and do what He did.  The problem is we often believe that only Jesus can see miracles happen and our faith just isn’t strong enough to step out and ask for the impossible.

Check out these verses:  2 Timothy 1:7, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”   Philippians 4:13, “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”  Acts 1:8, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.  And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere – in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”    2 Corinthians 12:9, “Each time he said, ‘My grace is all you need.  My power works best in weakness.’  So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.”  I could go on and on listing verses.

God’s power is available to us but we have to be willing to step out and use it.  I just wonder how many miracles we have missed out on experiencing, because we quit praying.  How many times has God been ready to bless us with an amazing, miraculous answer, but we didn’t believe it was possible so we didn’t even ask.  We have to get to the place in our life where we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that ALL things are possible with God and then put into action what we believe to be true.

Have you been praying for something, but are ready to give up?   Do you sense God leading you to do something that seems impossible, but fear is holding you back?  Ask yourself today, what did Jesus do?  Nothing held Him back and nothing was impossible. On your own…it may seem daunting…but with Him you can do it!  He is able to give you whatever is needed to accomplish the impossible.  Mark 10:27 says, “Jesus looked at them intently and said, ‘Humanly speaking, it is impossible.  But not with God.  Everything is possible with God.’”  Don’t turn a blind eye to what He wants to accomplish.  Open your eyes, step out, and claim His power over your situation today.  I have a feeling that you may just be blown away by what you see Him do through you for His honor and glory! 



1 comment: