Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday Morning Memo: Our God IS Able

I shared recently that I love to have music blaring as I work.  It never ceases to amaze me how often just the right song will come on that I need to hear at that particular moment.  Many times, when I’m discouraged or afraid, I will hear a song that has just the right words to calm my soul. There are other times when I am feeling so blessed and the only way I know to express my thoughts is to sing the praise songs that I hear to the Lord.

A recent song that spoke to me was “God Is Able” and some of the lyrics are: 

God is able
He will never fail
He is almighty God 

Greater than all we seek 
Greater than all we ask 
He has done great things

Lifted up He defeated the grave 
Raised to life Our God is able 
In His name We overcome
For the Lord Our God is able

God is with us
God is on our side 
He will make a way 
Far above all we know 
Far above all we hope 
He has done great things 

2 Timothy 1:12: “That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return” (emphasis mine).

Hebrews 2:18: “Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested” (emphasis mine).

Hebrews 7:25: “Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf” (emphasis mine).

2 Corinthians 9:8: “And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work” (emphasis mine).

Our God IS able.  He has shown me over and over this year that He is able to do so much more than I ever could have imagined.  I don't know what you are going through today, but if you are struggling or facing something that seems impossible to overcome, you need to hold onto the fact that He IS able.  There is nothing that He can't overcome.  There is nothing that is causing Him to fret or wring His hands.  HE IS ABLE.  As the song tells us "He will make a way, far above all we know, far above all we hope, He has done great things." 

Place your cares in His hands and then relax...because HE IS ABLE!

SPECIAL NOTE:  I will be taking the month of July off from writing my Monday Morning Memos.  I feel like the Lord wants me to spend some time praying for His guidance and direction for the coming months.  Lord willing, I will resume sharing in August with a renewed sense of His presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment