Monday, June 10, 2019

Monday Morning Memo: When We All Get to Heaven

I had planned to share on another topic this week…but the Lord laid something else on my heart this weekend…and He won’t let me stop thinking about it.  So, I have learned over the years that I better listen to His promptings and follow His leading.

When I work around our home, it is not uncommon for me to have music blaring…especially if I am home alone. To me, work seems easier if I have great music playing with which I can sing along.  

This past Saturday, many of the songs that were coming through my Alexa, seemed to have the same theme.  Song after song talked about heaven…especially the old classic, When We All Get to Heaven.  I belted out the words:

When we all get to heaven
What a day of rejoicing that will be
When we all see Jesus
We’ll sing and shout the victory


I haven’t been able to shake these words since Saturday.  The day is going to come when I will finally be “home” with the Lord and what an exciting day that will be. I don’t know how you picture your arrival to be in heaven, but I just imagine that as I appear on the streets of gold, my Jesus will grab a hold of me and give me the hug of my life! And yes, I plan to sing and shout the victory!

So, my thoughts for you today are quite simple, with just two questions to ask you. Are you ready? If your time on earth would end today, would you be greeted by your heavenly Father as you arrive home, or will you spend your eternity in the torture of hell? These may seem like heavy thoughts to begin your week with, but none of us are promised tomorrow, so it is important that we answer these questions today. 

I can’t think about the joy of heaven…without thinking about the fact that there are many who aren’t ready. Unfortunately, I’m afraid there are those who think they will spend eternity in heaven because their parents were Christians…or because they have always tried to be good and live by the Golden Rule.  I’m also afraid there are those who sit in a pew every Sunday morning who think that their attendance is their “ticket” in.  None of these thoughts could be further from the truth.  Each person must make the decision for themselves to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and no other good deed or faith-filled heritage will reserve your place in heaven.

The choice is yours to make. I can’t make it for you nor can anyone else. It is completely and entirely up to you, so please don’t delay. Jesus wants nothing more than for you to ask Him into your heart.  You can come to Him just as you are…but I guarantee you that once you have truly met Him…you will never be the same again.  

If you haven’t made this decision yet, all you have to do is say a prayer such as this one:

“Dear Jesus, I believe that you died on the cross for my sins, were resurrected and are alive and well today. I believe that you are the Son of God and that you deeply love me.  I confess that I am a sinner and I need you to forgive me and cleanse me from my sins. I accept you as my Savior and want you to create a new and clean heart in me.  I now want to live every day for you and I know that I will have eternal life with you because of what you did on Calvary’s cross for me.  Thank you, Jesus.  Amen.”

Many years ago, I realized I was being called into the ministry after my spirit became overwhelmed with the realization that each person I meet will either spend their eternity in heaven or in hell.  So, when my Jesus impresses on me to urge my readers to make a commitment…I will do just that.  Please, make the decision today to live for Him in the days to come.  I sure want you by my side when we all get to heaven, because what a day of rejoicing that will be! 

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ 
has become a new person. 
The old life is gone; 
a new life has begun!

2 Corinthians 5:17


No comments:

Post a Comment