Monday, December 30, 2019

Monday Morning Memo: Stand and See!

Well, what a year it has been.  As I shared last week, I couldn’t believe it was time for Christmas already…and now I really can’t believe we are on the doorstep of a new decade.  This year has seemed to fly by (yes, I know…that’s a sign I’m getting old!).  But God has outdone himself these past months, displaying His power over and over again.

As we started 2019, I shared with you these words: “I realized after that day, that my word for this year needed to be “POWER” and I needed to claim the verse in I Samuel 12:16, ‘Now stand here and see the great thing the Lord is about to do!’  I’m guessing that many times I don’t see His power at work because I am in the way.  I look at too many trials from my human point of view instead of claiming His power.

I shared last week that I have been going through a time where my spirit has felt unsettled…not sure what the Lord wants me to do next in my ministry.  I’ve come to the point now where I realize that I just need to keep walking through the open doors that He puts in front of me.  I don’t have to worry about anything long-term…just keep following Him and trusting that HE has the power and strength to see me through.”

If I’m honest, I need to confess that when I wrote those words at the beginning of the year…they made me really nervous.  I had no idea what all God had in store for the upcoming 365 days…and I knew God well enough to know that His ways usually stretch me more than I like to be stretched!  But I’ve never felt anything as strong as I felt His leading last January, telling me I was to trust Him with the days ahead and stand back and watch Him do more than I could ever imagine.

I’m here to tell you that He did not disappoint!  From His miraculous leading through our daughter’s health scare…to touching my health in a powerful way…to blessing us with a new son-in-law and two new granddaughters…to leading me to begin Throne Thursday (giving me peace from my unsettledness) which has blessed me beyond measure…He has proved himself over and over again that His plan and timing are always perfect!

So, as I get ready to begin a new year, I feel impressed to keep the same word and the same verse for 2020.  Just like last year, there is a feeling of apprehension…but there is also a feeling of excitement as I look forward to what God has in store for me in the coming months.

Once again, I want to ask you if you are ready to claim God’s power in your life and instead of making excuses as to why He can't be trusted…put your faith and trust in the One who can move mountains.  I hope so…because I’m anxious to see what He has on the horizon for you and for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment