Monday, March 23, 2020

Monday Morning Memo: Taking it to God's Throne

As some of you know, last October I began a ministry entitled, “Throne Thursday”.  Each Thursday, I send out an email and post on Facebook that anyone can send me a prayer request on that day and I promise to take his or her concern to God’s throne.  I had no idea how this new idea would be accepted or if anyone would allow me the opportunity to pray on their behalf…but I knew God was calling me to do it so I better obey!

The response has been overwhelming.  Many people have contacted me with requests that are heavy on their heart… and it has been such a blessing to lift up those needs to our all-powerful God.  Some have told me that they have an unspoken request, which is just fine (God knows all the details!), and some have shared with me more information so that I know specifically how to pray.  To date, I have over 100 requests for which I am seeking His throne on others’ behalf.  

Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us come boldly to the throne of grace”.   Do you know what I love about this verse?  It doesn’t say, “Let the ministers of your church come boldly to the throne of grace”.  Nor does it say, “Let only the elders of the church come boldly to the throne of grace.” It says, “Let US come boldly to the throne of grace”!  Isn’t that amazing!  All of us can approach our all-powerful God sharing with Him our needs and concerns…along with the needs and concerns of others.  What a blessing!

Which leads me to the second half of my ministry.  I knew when I began Throne Thursday that there was a second half to what God was calling me to do…and I have been praying ever since for His timing.  With all that is transpiring in our world today…I felt God telling me this past week that now is the time to introduce how YOU can now be involved!

I understand there are certain prayer requests and burdens that you do not want shared with everyone.  The requests that are shared with me are kept in confidence and I only share them with my Jesus.  But, I also know there are other requests that come up, where you really need everyone praying…but it is sometimes hard to know how to ask others to take your need to God’s throne.  And, there are also needs that come up where waiting until Throne Thursday to share just isn’t feasible.   

Now, to help you share with others your prayer concerns, I have put together a Facebook group entitled, “Taking it to God’s Throne”.  This will be a private group, where only the members will be able to see the posts that are made.  If you join this group, you will be able to post a prayer concern that you may have, AND you will be able to pray for others’ requests that are posted.  As you are able to encourage others during their time of need, I guarantee you that you will be blessed over and over again for taking their need to God’s throne.

I would ask that you be patient with me as I get this up and rolling.  I may make mistakes and mess this up…but I promise to do my best to connect you with others in our world who need prayer.  I also want this to be a group where I can encourage you in your walk with Jesus.  I will share encouraging quotes, scriptures and anything else that He impresses on me to share.

Just like Throne Thursday, there needs to be some guidelines and “rules”.  So, this is what I have put together at this point…they may be ratified, changed or added to in the days to come:

1.   PLEASE do not add prayer concerns where you list other people’s names without their permission!  Just because this will be a private group, does not mean you have permission to share the names of others.  I will remove any post that is not appropriate.

2.  This will not be a counselling page…so PLEASE refrain from giving others a list of advice to “solve” their problem.  This is a place to share your concerns so that others can pray on your behalf and for you to lift their needs up in prayer.  A simple “I’ll be praying for you!” will go far to let that person know you care and are praying.

3.   PLEASE be intentional on checking this page often so that you can be informed as to the current requests.  If you don’t know…you can’t pray!

4.    Make sure you pray for the requests!  That may seem a little ridiculous to make that a guideline…but it is so easy to say we will pray for something or someone and we have every intention to…but then we don’t.  Keep a journal…or write yourself a note on your mirror…or have your phone remind you to pray.  I have found it is very do-able…you just have to be intentional!

So how can you join?  Just search for the group “Taking it to God’s Throne” on Facebook and then ask to join this group.  If you are already a Facebook friend of mine…you may get an invitation from me to join…but again, I am new to this so please be patient.  If you have friends who you think might want to be a part of this ministry, by all means let them know about it.

I feel bad because I know that some of you aren’t on Facebook so this will not be available to you.  I am praying about other possible ways to include everyone, so hopefully I will get an inspiration as to how we can put something else together.

We live in a time when our prayers are greatly needed and it is something that ALL of us can do, whether we are out and about or quarantined at home.  So, let’s work together to boldly take our needs to His throne!

No comments:

Post a Comment