Monday, April 26, 2021

Monday Morning Memo: Restoration

I rarely get much “notice” from the Lord as to what I am to write about each week.  It is usually at least Saturday until I have an inkling, and sometimes I get to Sunday afternoon and still not have a clue.  To be honest, that sometimes gives me a panicky feeling that maybe He’s been talking, but I haven’t been listening.

 

Sometimes my “inspiration” comes from something I hear on TV…or from a conversation I’ve had the previous week…or something that I am reading or studying…or sometimes from the music to which I am listening.  This past week, the Lord started to direct me as I watched a video on YouTube, based on the song “Restore” by Chris August.  The words to the song are: 

 

Nobody's growing old together, we've made it easy just to quit

Love has become a negative percentage, why do we bother to commit

We've got a long list of excuses, ways we try to justify 

Well, I propose to you the truth is, marriage does not have to die.

 

CHORUS: I know you're feeling like it’s falling apart

and it can't go on anymore

But God is a God who knows how to heal so 

just give it up to the Lord And He will restore.

 

He said with this ring I promise, and with I do she said forever 

But right now if they're being honest they don't know if they'll stay together 

Let's fast forward to the future after struggling on their own 

They finally figured out they needed Jesus in the middle 

Now I'm watching God rebuild their home. 

 

The enemy tries to come and divide Trying to get us to give up the fight 

But darkness will always lose out to light' 

Cause we've got the power of Christ on our side 

I see you growing old together I pray I find a love like yours 

So if you're feeling like it’s falling apart and it can't go on anymore 

God is a God who knows how to heal so just give it up to the Lord. 

 

And He will restore 

Like it was before 

You may have strayed off course 

But He will restore. 

 

Restoration.  I’ve always been amazed at people who can enter a dilapidated, falling down house and see the potential.  They can already see in their mind what the house CAN look like with some love and some elbow grease.   Will it be a lot of work?  Yes, it will.  But they know it will be worth it in the end when they can see and enjoy the final product.

 

I am SO thankful that I serve a God who is in the restoration business.  He can look at a marriage that is falling apart, that is headed for divorce court and see what it CAN be with forgiveness, love and some elbow grease.   Will it be a lot of work?  Yes, it will.  But God never gives up because He knows it will be worth it in the end when the marriage and family is restored and serving Him together. 

 

I can’t help but think that God laid this subject on my heart to share today because someone reading this is thinking of walking away.  They are toying with the idea that their marriage is just too far gone and there isn’t any hope.  Satan is telling them that life would be so much easier, and the grass would be so much greener without their spouse, without all the obligations that seem to get in the way of their happiness.   

 

I want to urge you today to give your marriage to the Lord and allow Him to restore it.  He can take the crumbling pieces and put them together to be even better than you can even imagine.  Stop struggling on your own and put Jesus in the middle of your marriage and allow Him to make something beautiful out of the ashes.  I guarantee you that HE IS ABLE…..you just have to be willing.

I highly recommend watching this video with this song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9_7b6-T6g

“In his kindness God called you to share in his 

eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus.

So after you have suffered a little while, he

will restore, support, and strengthen you,

and he will place you on a firm foundation.”

I Peter 5:10 (NLT)



Don’t forget, if you would like to join me in my study of the book of James, you can find my YouTube channelImage Seeker, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0szlDSgNBtFuzzNLBWzwMA.  I posted another teaching video this morning, “Devil…Be GONE!”  Check it out today!

 

If you would like encouraging thoughts to help you in your daily walk with Jesus, check out and “Like” my new Facebook page, “Image Seeker”…you can find it at https://www.facebook.com/Image-Seeker-109914611136211/news_feed.  

 

And, if you aren’t on Facebook but would still like to see encouraging posts and notices of new videos…”Follow” me on Instagram.  Just search for “theimageseeker”

No comments:

Post a Comment