Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday Morning Memo: A New Beginning

I so enjoyed our drive to church yesterday morning.  We live 20 miles from where we worship and most of our drive is in the country, so there are currently many signs of spring to refresh my soul.  How awesome it is to see the brown, drab grass coming alive with beautiful shades of green.  The winter wheat that was planted last fall is now pushing its way through the soil.  And the best sight to see is what I don’t see…there are no traces of snow 

 

As I took all of this in during our drive, the words that kept coming to my mind were, “new beginnings”.  Winter can feel so long, and it is easy for me to feel like it is never going to end; that the cloudy cold days will always be here and that I will always dread stepping outside, knowing my teeth will be chattering for many miles down the road.

 

Then, it happens.  I have a morning like yesterday when I realize what has been dormant is alive once again and I feel like everything has been given a chance for a new beginning.  There is suddenly hope that the sun will shine, the grass will grow, the trees will bud and the temperatures will slowly increase and I will no longer “fear” stepping outside.

 

The day our Savior rose from the grave, gave all of us a new beginning that never goes away.  At that moment, everything changed.  Even though we weren’t even born yet, our sins went to the cross with our Lord three days prior and He willingly died with our transgressions on His shoulders.  If He had stayed there, it would have been even worse than a winter that never goes away.  Our hope, our chance for a new beginning would have been buried with Him, but instead He conquered death, coming alive to give us an ever-lasting hope and a continual opportunity for new beginnings.

 

Every day gives us that opportunity for a new beginning.  No matter what yesterday brought us, today is a new day.  No matter what wrong choices we have made in the past, we have the choice to grasp onto a new beginning.  Everything you and I have done that isn’t pleasing to the Lord has already been paid for with His blood.   He is just waiting for us to ask for forgiveness and then be willing to take a step into our new beginning.

 

Where are you today?  Is your spirit feeling dormant and lifeless?  Do you feel as if there isn’t any hope?  Look up into the face of your risen King and accept His gift of a new beginning.  He has already proven that sin and death cannot overpower Him, so if He already did that, we need to remember that He is “able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”  (Ephesians 3:20).

 

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”  1 Peter 1:3

 

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”  Isaiah 43:18-19



Don’t forget, if you would like to join me in my study of the book of James, you can find my YouTube channelImage Seeker, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0szlDSgNBtFuzzNLBWzwMA.  I posted another teaching video this morning, “My Plan…God’s Plan”  Check it out today!

 

If you would like encouraging thoughts to help you in your daily walk with Jesus, check out and “Like” my new Facebook page, “Image Seeker”…you can find it at https://www.facebook.com/Image-Seeker-109914611136211/news_feed.  

 

And, if you aren’t on Facebook but would still like to see encouraging posts and notices of new videos…”Follow” me on Instagram.  Just search for “theimageseeker”

No comments:

Post a Comment