Monday, February 6, 2023

Monday Morning Memo: He Won't!

We survived!  I wasn’t sure we would, but since this is February 6th and I am able to write this and you are able to read this, it proves it.  What did we survive?  January!  It is always such a long month and I’m often positive it has more than 31 days in it.  I can’t tell you how much joy it brings me each year to turn our calendar from January to February...and even more joy when I am able to flip it to March 😊  

Why does it seem like winter drags on and on…but then spring, summer and fall just fly by?  Winter can be such a hard time on our emotional health, especially if you live in a colder climate.  To see the sun in the sky is often a real treat and having to stay inside can become depressing.  

Unfortunately, though, I have talked to quite a few people lately who are really discouraged, and the source of their despair has very little to do with the season.  Life has become almost more than they can handle, and they are asking quite a few “why’s?”.  It is all they can do to put one foot in front of another and they are wondering when the sun is going to shine again in their lives.  They are wonderful children of the King who have just been dealt some hard blows and right now they are reeling from what they feel has been a sucker punch in the gut.

I recently read this quote, “The Christian life is not a constant high.   I have my moments of deep discouragement.  I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes and say, ‘O God, forgive me, or help me.”   Do you have any idea who said that?  You might be surprised to know it was Billy Graham.  Yes, even Billy Graham had times of despair, but he knew to Whom he needed to turn during those times.

The exciting thing is that the same God who Billy Graham turned to, is waiting for us to turn to Him also.  Wherever we are in our life…God is there.  Just because we are in a valley doesn’t mean that God is standing on the sidelines waiting for us to pull ourselves out.  He is there.  He is in the trenches with us and loves us more than we can even imagine.  He loves us with all our faults, sins, attitudes and failures.  There is no way He would have sent His Son to die for you and me…if He didn’t love us beyond measure.

Yesterday in church, we sang the song, “Firm Foundation (He Won’t)”, and some of the lyrics are:

Christ is my firm foundation

The Rock on which I stand

When everything around me is shaken

I’ve never been more glad

That I put my faith in Jesus

‘Cause He’s never let me down

He’s faithful through generations

So why would He fail now?

 

He won’t

He won’t

I’ve still got joy in chaos

I’ve got peace that makes no sense

So I won’t be going under

I’m not held by my own strength

‘Cause I’ve built my life on Jesus

He’s never let me down

He’s faithful in every season

So why would He fail now?

 

He won’t

He won’t

Are you struggling today?   Are you wondering why your view right now is from the valley instead of from a mountaintop?  Please know that you are not alone…everyone has times in their life when troubles seem to build up and detours and potholes are at every turn.  We live in a broken world where Satan wants nothing more than to keep you discouraged and feeling like there isn’t any hope.  Don’t listen to him.  Instead, remember that Christ is your firm foundation…the Rock on which you can stand and He will never fail you. He is there, right where you are, and able to do far more than you can even imagine.  With Him…the Son is always shining and He wants to fill your life with His warmth.  Look up to Him today…because He is faithful in every season and will never let you down.  Trust me...HE WON'T!



No comments:

Post a Comment