Monday, July 24, 2023

Monday Morning Memo: Precious AND a Masterpiece

There is someone who needs to read this today…maybe it is you.  I’ve written about this topic before…but I felt impressed to remind someone again of their worth.  

I’m sure you are all familiar with the song we sung as we were growing up:

Jesus loves the little children

All the children in the world

Red and yellow, black and white

They are precious in His sight

Jesus loves the little children of the world.

These words prompt me to ask you a question today.  Do you feel like you are “precious” to God? If you are like me, it’s easy to believe that this word was for when I was much younger and more innocent.   But in reading the Bible, I came across two verses which negate those thoughts.   Psalm 72:14 (NLT) reads, “He will redeem them from oppression and violence, for their lives are precious to him.”  Isaiah 43:4 (NLT) says “Others were given in exchange for you.  I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me.  You are honored, and I love you.”

Me?  Precious?  With all my faults and failures?  Yep, His book doesn’t lie.  And yes, YOU are precious to Him too.  It doesn’t matter what your past has been like, how many times you have made the wrong decision, how inept you may feel at living your life for Him…God loves you more than you can even fathom and YOU are precious in His sight.

Not only are we all precious to God, but we are also His masterpiece!  Isn’t that amazing?  There are times in my life when I don’t feel worthy of being called precious and I sure don’t feel like a masterpiece.  But I am and so are you.  Ephesians 2:10 (NLT) tells us, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”

I will be the first to admit that I am my own worst critic, and I’m guessing some of you are that way too.  Often wishing we had done something just a little better, wondering why we can’t do things as well as that person we work with, or questioning why in the world our parenting skills often look like a comedy routine.  I’m going to share advice with you which I have often felt God sharing with me:  Ease up on yourself.  Quit knocking yourself down as if you have no worth.  YOU ARE GOD’S PRECIOUS MASTERPIECE BECAUSE HE DOESN’T MAKE NO JUNK!!

What a blessing it is to be the sons and daughters of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  My prayer is that we will go through this week remembering Whose we are and how much we are loved by Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment