Thursday, September 10, 2015

A God-Happening...Just Because!

Sometimes things happen that I feel are a “God-happening”, where He steps in and does something for me that may not have any religious connotations…but just makes my life easier and reminds me of His love for me.  One of these just occurred last night…so I wanted to share it with you.

I am in need of a certain type of blood work and in checking things out yesterday, my doctor’s office told me that my insurance might not cover it.  I then made a call to my insurance company and they confirmed that the test would go towards my deductible…which meant I was going to be responsible to pay for all of it.  This particular test isn’t what I would consider to be cheap, so I really hated to pay the entire bill.

That’s when I felt God made my life easier.  My doctor’s office told me that if I wanted to, I could go to the Bluffton Regional Medical Center (Bluffton, IN) where they offer what they call “Direct Access Testing”.  This service allows anyone interested in managing their health to request certain lab tests (15 in all) without a doctor's order.   I was told I would just go in and tell them which test I needed done, pay for the test (they do not submit it to my insurance company) and then I would go directly to the lab and have the blood drawn.  Since it is not run through my insurance company, the cost is considerably less than I would have to pay if it did go through my insurance.  Results are then sent directly to me and then it is my responsibility to get them to my doctor.

Then I found out something that made this even easier for me…they are open 24/7!  So I could go whenever it was convenient for me!  I just couldn’t believe it could be as easy as they made it sound.


So last evening we were in Bluffton for a meeting and after it was over, at about 8:45 pm, we walked in the hospital.  I went to the registration desk, told the woman what I was there for and she got the necessary paperwork ready.  I then paid for the test and she directed me to the lab.  Two very friendly nurses were there and within minutes the needle was in my arm…red blood was filling the tube…and I was soon done and on my way home.  For once…something was as easy as it sounded!


I know this isn’t a service that everyone would use, but for people like us who have to pay for all of our insurance and have a high deductible, this is a great deal.  So a BIG shout out to Bluffton Regional Medical Center for offering this great service to the community and for making my life just a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment