Saturday, September 5, 2015

AAAAMEN!!

It has not been an easy week, but I believe the Lord allowed something to happen in my home last evening, to lift my very tired soul.

Of course it involved my adorable, 16 month old grandson.  His parents have been teaching him to join them in prayer before their meals.  He is put in his highchair and then they tell him that it is time to pray.  He is compliant most of the time and folds his hands, waits for them to stop praying and then says in a very precise way…..AAAAMEN!

Well, he and our daughter were at our home last night and he was playing with toys while we finished up dinner.  After a while I heard him jabbering away and looked over in time to see that he had climbed up in one of our dining room chairs, folded his hands on the table, and at the end of his gibberish said, “AAAAMEN”!

BE. STILL. MY. HEART.

This precious little grandson of mine, at just 16 months, knows what to do when he comes to the table.  Does he understand exactly what he is doing…probably not.  But I can’t help but think that whatever “words” He shared with the Lord, brought joy and a smile to his heavenly Father.

I wish I had a picture of this moment, but it will forever be etched in my mind.  What a wonderful reminder that teaching our children does not begin when they start kindergarten, or Jr. High or even high school.   Nor is it the Sunday School teacher or the pastor whom should be the first ones to share their faith with our kids.  It is our responsibility as parents to show our children, day in and day out, what following Christ looks like; and it begins from the moment they are born.


If you have been blessed with children, grandchildren or maybe children who have been placed in your path…show them Jesus today.   It is a given that they will imitate what you do, so if they see Jesus in you…they will begin to imitate Him.  You just can’t ask for a bigger blessing than that.  

Can I hear an AAAAMEN?!

No comments:

Post a Comment