Friday, December 18, 2015

For The Glory of God!

Last week while we were working at Samaritan's Purse packing boxes for Operation Christmas Child, I had the privilege of meeting this amazing young woman.  I have to admit that when they first told us that there was a handicapped girl that was going to work on our line for awhile, I was afraid that she would slow us down.  We always love to get as many boxes processed as we can in a day, so my focus was on productivity instead of looking forward to meeting someone new.  I couldn't have been more wrong.

This wonderful child of God was such an inspiration.  I found out that she is almost 30 and loves the Lord with all of her heart.  She knew how to do the job and did it right.  While she worked she quoted scripture (which put me to shame!), sang a song and just bubbled over with joy to be able to serve her God.  

She shared something with me that I'm not sure I will ever forget.  She said, "Even though I get very, very tired...I will keep working for the glory of God!" and her face just beamed as she pointed her finger towards heaven.   I get goosebumps just thinking about that moment.

I have thought about her words many times since then and asked myself if I have her dedication.  I'm afraid that when I get tired, it is easy for me to want to just give up because it just takes too much effort.  I hope that the next time I am tempted to walk away from what God has called me to do...whether the task is big or small...I'll remember that everything I do should be for HIS glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment