Monday, June 15, 2015

Soggy Days and Fun Memories

Does anyone else feel like they are going to float away?  My word…the rain just keeps coming!  Dan and I have attempted to get work done outside today but we keep getting rained out.  But even with all of the interruptions, I’ve managed to get most of my flowerbeds weeded and he was able to get part of our grass mowed.

It is currently POURING once again!  I just can’t imagine how the farmers are feeling by now.  It’s a real aggravation for us, but for them it is their livelihood. 

We just returned from a two week vacation so this rain is making it even harder for me to get back into the swing of things.  This trip wasn’t filled with “big” things that we did…but was still full of sweet memories.


Just like our first morning in New Bern, NC.  The resort had MY kind of golf and so I told Dan that I wanted to play on our first day.  That way I could brag to people that I managed to get 18 holes of golf in to start my day!


OK...so it wasn't too strenuous...but it was still fun.    Unfortunately,  I got beat.  We were tied after 9 holes but then Dan really got his stride and the rest, as they say, was history.  But I stilled enjoyed our time together.  And the best part was that it wasn't raining!

But we had no idea what the next morning would bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment