Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sore Toes

Have you ever sat in a church service and you were sure that your Pastor had been watching you in the past weeks, so that he would know what to preach on?  Yeah...happened to me today.  I usually like it when my Pastor steps on my toes with his sermon because I know that I need all the help I can get to look more like Jesus.

But today was really painful.  Tears flowed as I felt like I was sitting in a private counseling session with Pastor Gary, as he shared with me what true trust in my Savior should look like...and I was convicted to the core that I was falling short.  He shared Proverbs 3:5 & 6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."  I have read these verses over and over again, but something he said today hit home.

He shared that we are told in these verses to lean, not on our own understanding, but on His.  But he said that many of us are just standing beside Christ and putting our hand on His shoulder, instead of leaning completely on Him, trusting in Him completely that He won't let us fall.  I haven't been able to get that image out of my mind today and I've had to ask the Lord to forgive me for not leaning completely on Him.

I can't do this sermon justice...so I would urge you to watch it yourself.  Go to our church website at www.hope4thefamily.com, then click on "Media", then Video Archives and select today's sermon 6/14/15, "Going Deeper - Wise Up!"  I guarantee you that it will be worth your time to watch.

"Dear Father, forgive me for just resting my hand on you.  From this moment on, I want to lean completely on You, trusting you in every area of my life so that every move I make will be empowered by You and completely in Your will."

No comments:

Post a Comment