Friday, August 21, 2015

Borrowing Worry

It’s that time of year again.  I know it’s coming…I’m just never sure when it will start.  It’s my “borrowing worry” time of the year.

If you know me at all…you know that I really dislike winter.  I live in the Midwest, and it is pretty much a given that we are going to have cold temperatures and frozen precipitation on the ground for a very long time.  I don’t enjoy being cold…I don’t like to have to bundle up just to go out to get our mail…and driving on slippery roads is often more of an adventure than I want to endure.

The problem gets worse because at some point during our gorgeous summer…I start worrying about the horrible winter we might have.  I know that is ridiculous and just wastes time and energy and more importantly, ruins the beautiful day I am experiencing.  Nevertheless, these feelings appear at some point each year.

So when these feelings came creeping in recently, I decided to take a walk outside and enjoy the signs all around me that winter has not arrived yet.  I realized that I needed to fill my eyes and mind with pictures of the summer that is going on all around me today.  I enjoyed my flower beds and the green grass and the fact that I didn’t need to wear a jacket.


I then decided to water my ferns and when I went to move one of them, a bird flew out from the middle.  I did a little investigating and lo and behold, there was a small nest under all the leaves with three tiny sparrow eggs in it.  What an awesome reminder that summer was still alive and well!

Within a few days, we had added 3 very tiny birds to our “family” and what fun it has been to see them grow.  Do you think it was a coincidence that I found that nest on the exact day I was “borrowing worry”?  I don’t think so.  



God loves me so much, even with my quirky habits, to make sure I am blessed with just what I need each day.   On this particular day, I needed to be reminded that scripture tells us that if He takes care of the sparrow, He will surely take care of me…no matter what the weather is like!


Do you know that He 
loves you that much too?  

Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  How true that is.  Worrying about tomorrow's storms, robs us of enjoying today's sunshine.  Instead of "borrowing worry", be watching today for the ways He reminds you of just how much you mean to Him.  I have a feeling you will see His love all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment