Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Who is my "Who"?

I have been told over and over and over again, that it isn’t a good idea for me to fall.  But there are days that I just don’t listen.  Today was one of those days.

I hadn’t planned to take a trip to the ground…but it just happened.  And like all the other times, it occurred so quickly that I didn’t have time to really give it much thought.  One minute I was carrying some food into the house and the next minute I was sprawled out exactly where I didn’t want to be.

I have fallen enough in my life to know pretty quickly whether a fall is one that I will be able to brush off rather swiftly, or whether I will have to work through considerable pain in the days ahead.  Unfortunately, this fall fell under the “pain” evaluation.

You would think I would be used to this by now.  Because I have Hypermobility Syndrome and degenerative disc disease, it doesn’t take much to cause problems.  In fact my husband seems to think that sometimes breathing makes my back go out…and there are days I would agree with him!  But I’m not sure that having episodes like this ever gets easier…maybe just a little easier to accept.

I’ve had people ask me the big “why”…why does God allow this to happen to me.  Honestly…I have no idea but I don’t ask “why” anymore.  Oh I used to.  In the past I used to cry out to God asking Him why my body was “wired backwards”, as many doctors have told me.  But I don’t find myself doing that anymore.  I don’t feel the need to know “why”…I just need to know “Who”.

Who is it that is in control?  Who is it that knows everything about my body?  Who is it that has promised He will never leave my side?  Who is it that has perfect timing in everything that He does?  My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is my Who.  As long as I can remember who my “Who” is…I can have peace.  It doesn’t make the pain easier to endure…but it sure helps settle the “why” in my mind.

So I will behave doctor’s orders and slow down and remember that ice packs are now my friend once again.  Thankfully I also have natural products on hand that help restore health and wellness more quickly.  God has been so good to prepare me for times such as this.

There hasn’t been anything in my life that God has brought me to…that He didn’t see me through.  He’s never left me dangling yet…I don’t think He will start now!



No comments:

Post a Comment