Friday, July 10, 2015

Beer and God's Sense of Humor!

It really upsets me when I hear people depict God as always serious and a squelcher of fun.  I happen to believe that the God I serve loves laughter and seeing His children have a really good time.  I also believe He has a wonderful sense of humor and recent events just cemented that in my mind.

I have wanted to try a bread mix that takes beer.  The problem is that neither my husband or I drink, so we don’t keep any here in our home.  So I knew I either had to break down and buy some (and I’m really cheap so I didn’t want to do that!) or find someone who would let me have a can.

I was thinking about this recipe lately and trying to figure out how to get this needed ingredient.  Soon afterwards, Dan walked in the house with a rather puzzled look on his face.  He said, “Well this is a first.  I’m always picking up empty beer cans out by the road that people have thrown out their window…but this is the first time one has been full.”  I looked with astonishment as I spied the full can of beer in his hand!  Don’t tell me that God doesn’t have a sense of humor!



Naturally, I went to work making the bread for our supper
and while the oven was hot, I decided to try a new peach cobbler recipe I had found.  Wow, what a great combination to go with our meal! 


If you are looking for a great peach cobbler recipe, give this one a try.  I used frozen peaches instead of fresh and it was wonderful!






IVA'S PEACH COBBLER (from Taste of Home)

INGREDIENTS:
6 to 8 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 to 1 cup sugar

CRUST:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

DIRECTIONS:
Combine peaches, cornstarch and sugar; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. For crust, combine flour, egg yolks, butter, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Gently fold egg whites. Spread over peaches. Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling around edges and top is golden. Yield: 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment