Monday, July 20, 2015

MMM (Monday Morning Memo)

I have probably confessed this before to my readers…but I’m not a very patient person.  Oh I can wait for things to be done, as long as they are done right now!  I do think that I’m better than I used to be, but I have a very long way to go before I’m where God wants me to be.

I am beginning to realize that the older I get, the more impatient I have become with myself.  I have so many things that I want to accomplish and since the days seem to go by faster and faster it is very easy for me to become very aggravated with my ability to get things done.  As a result, my stomach is often in knots and my attitude can turn sour rather easily.

It is easy for me then to just want to give up.  If I can’t get done what I think needs to be done right now…I might as well not do it at all.  If it is going to take too much patience in waiting for the right time, then maybe I’m not supposed to even try.  I know in my heart that this isn’t how God wants me to think, but my mind can easily “trump” my heart.

I am so thankful that this isn’t how God thinks.  If He did, He would have given up on me a very long time ago.  He would have thrown His hands up in the air and said, “Well, this one sure isn’t worth wasting my time on.  She just keeps messing up and I’m tired of waiting on her to display the fruit of the Spirit to those with whom she comes in contact.  She just isn’t getting it, so I’m done with her.” 

We read in Philippians 1:6 (CEV): "God is the one who began this
good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns."  God has promised to finish what He has started in me and nothing I do will make Him give up on me.  I may feel like quitting at times, but He will never quit on me.

When I sat down to write this post, I had no idea what I was going to share with you.  But as I sat quietly, waiting for God’s spirit to direct me, these thoughts came to my mind.  I feel like there is someone reading this who is ready to quit on themselves.  They feel like a failure and their patience has run out and they are ready to give up.

I want to urge you today to lean on Him because He has not, and never will, give up on you.  He loves you just the way you are today, but knows your potential and won’t let you go until He calls you home to be with Him.  Whatever you are facing is not impossible for Him because He knew all about it before you ever did.  He is already in your tomorrow and has every detail orchestrated to make you look more like Him.

Maybe it would be a good idea if you and I took a big, deep breath and just let God breathe anew in us.  He created us and He knows our strengths and our weaknesses and His agenda for us today will fit us perfectly if we just allow Him to take control.  If we look at this realistically, He isn’t wringing His hands over our schedule, so why should we?
 
If this is something you are struggling with, feel free to contact me (luannfulton@gmail.com) and I will be happy to put you on my prayer list.  I understand where you are and I would be honored to lift you up to the Father, asking Him to give you a spirit of peace.  I love what it says in Matthew 18:19-20 in The Message, “Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I’ll be there.”

We can take what is written in His Word as truth, so we can bank on the fact that with both of us praying, our Father will go into action and will walk with us every step of the way.  Where He leads us is yet to be seen…but who better to direct our steps than the One who created us and already knows our tomorrows!



No comments:

Post a Comment