Saturday, July 4, 2015

We Are Blessed!

I spent several hours yesterday afternoon working outside.  For some reason, over and over again I looked over at our deck and each time, for a few moments, my eyes were just fixated on it.   All that kept going through my mind were the words, “I am blessed”.

When I think of how many other people live their lives… homeless, hungry, always in danger, abused, tortured for their faith…I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude for what I have been given.  I have the privilege of having a comfortable home to live in, along with a serene, quiet place like this to sit and relax after a long day.  I am definitely no better than anyone else, so why I have been given all of this while others suffer daily is beyond my comprehension.

Today is the day we celebrate our country’s independence.  We dare not forget Who should be our focus each and every day.  Ronald Regan said, “If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.”  As we see our nation turn farther and farther away from God, it is important that we are willing to take a stand and let others know Who we are serving.


Even though our country is far from perfect, we have been blessed beyond measure and we dare not get so wrapped up in all the negatives, that we neglect to thank the Lord for what we have been given.  Make sure you take time today to express your gratitude to the One who deserves our praise and adoration.  Let’s make a point to celebrate Him today because we are blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment